Musings of an Old Man

Whatever this used to be about, it is now about my dying. I'll keep it up as long as I can and as much as I want to.

Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

I'm a 69 years old white, male, 6'1", 290 lbs., partially balding in the back. I was married for ten years and fathered two children, a daughter and a son. My current marriage (2nd) will celebrate its 39th anniversary November 4. The date will be in the news because it was the same day as the Iranian hostages were taken at the US Embassy in Tehran. (Obviously, I had a better day than they did.) I'm a Vietnam Veteran ('71-'72). I have worked as a Computer Programmer, Project Manager, Graduate Teaching Associate, Technical Writer, and Web Developer. I own, with my wife, a house and a dog.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The Continuing Saga

Sorry to bore you, if I am. I want to continue documenting my sleep and its effects on the rest of my body.

At first blush, I would have said I slept well last night. I don't recall waking once in the night. I don't even recall turning over, though I think I can do that without being much awake. Nor do I recall my dreams or even that I was dreaming.

On the other hand, I don't feel all that rested at the moment. My eyes feel scratchy and heavy. I'll see how the morning unfolds.

Around eleven local I'll leave for the sleep clinic with my machine. They are going to adjust the pressure down a bit. We'll see in the next few nights how that goes.

More later.



It's afternoon, now, and I've been to the sleep clinic. They turned the pressure up instead of down. Up makes more sense. Anyway, it was 18/14 and is now 20/16. I'm anxious to see how that works.

Actually, I feel fairly well at the moment. The eyes are still somewhat sensitive, but I feel awake and alert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home