Musings of an Old Man

Whatever this used to be about, it is now about my dying. I'll keep it up as long as I can and as much as I want to.

Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

I'm a 69 years old white, male, 6'1", 290 lbs., partially balding in the back. I was married for ten years and fathered two children, a daughter and a son. My current marriage (2nd) will celebrate its 39th anniversary November 4. The date will be in the news because it was the same day as the Iranian hostages were taken at the US Embassy in Tehran. (Obviously, I had a better day than they did.) I'm a Vietnam Veteran ('71-'72). I have worked as a Computer Programmer, Project Manager, Graduate Teaching Associate, Technical Writer, and Web Developer. I own, with my wife, a house and a dog.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Mid-Afternoon Blahs

I slept, sort of, under the new pressure setting last night. It might take a few days to get accustomed to 20 psi incoming pressure. I had some trouble with air getting into my stomach. I also woke up about an hour after I went to bed and had to go to the bathroom. That's not good. Though I have no recollection of gasping for breath, the apnea is usually what wakes me.

Today I have been dragging a bit. Right now, I'm dragging a lot. I'm not hungry, but I want to eat. I know my body is looking for ways to stay awake. That's not good. I'll probably be dead tired when I get home tonight. If so, I'm going to bed earlier than usual so that I have at least 8 hours on the machine at a minimum.

I realize this is turning into a diary of my sleep apnea, and I'm probably boring folks. Maybe I should move this stuff to a different blog and call it "The Man Who Couldn't Sleep Straight." Well, I don't get a lot of comments here anyway, so I suppose it doesn't matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home