Musings of an Old Man

Whatever this used to be about, it is now about my dying. I'll keep it up as long as I can and as much as I want to.

Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

I'm a 69 years old white, male, 6'1", 290 lbs., partially balding in the back. I was married for ten years and fathered two children, a daughter and a son. My current marriage (2nd) will celebrate its 39th anniversary November 4. The date will be in the news because it was the same day as the Iranian hostages were taken at the US Embassy in Tehran. (Obviously, I had a better day than they did.) I'm a Vietnam Veteran ('71-'72). I have worked as a Computer Programmer, Project Manager, Graduate Teaching Associate, Technical Writer, and Web Developer. I own, with my wife, a house and a dog.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Eyes & Buddhanet

First, the health update. Yesterday was a better day physically and mentally. Of course, it wasn't a particularly taxing day. As you will read more about below, since I had no work to do in the office, I spent the time studying the information on Buddhism I found on www.buddhanet.net.

Went to the eye doctor in the afternoon where they took pictures of my eyes and measurements of my cornea. I have a relatively thick cornea, which accounted for my high intraoccular pressure at my previous eye exam. And the unadjusted pressure readings were much lower yesterday afternoon: 21 instead of 29. When they subtract 7 or 8 for the cornea thickness, the pressure numbers are fine.

I still don't know what causes my eyes to be so dry, but the tears solutions I've been using seem to help. They want me to come back next month for a field study, whatever that is. It's a morning appointment. Maybe that makes a difference.

Buddhanet next, but first a short break.

###

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home