Musings of an Old Man

Whatever this used to be about, it is now about my dying. I'll keep it up as long as I can and as much as I want to.

Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

I'm a 69 years old white, male, 6'1", 290 lbs., partially balding in the back. I was married for ten years and fathered two children, a daughter and a son. My current marriage (2nd) will celebrate its 39th anniversary November 4. The date will be in the news because it was the same day as the Iranian hostages were taken at the US Embassy in Tehran. (Obviously, I had a better day than they did.) I'm a Vietnam Veteran ('71-'72). I have worked as a Computer Programmer, Project Manager, Graduate Teaching Associate, Technical Writer, and Web Developer. I own, with my wife, a house and a dog.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Blue Thursday

I didn't go in to work today. I slept through the alarm until about ten till seven, and I just didn't feel like going in today. It's a return of the depression after two good days. Nothing feels right. Nothing feels good. Motivation is no higher than zero and may be lower.

I see the psychiatrist today. Perhaps it's time for a different medication. Perhaps that's not the problem. I don't know.

I remember having several odd dreams last night. One in particular involved doing a Vets Journey Home weekend in a strange place. The last time I had such a dream, Al Fletcher showed up as big and normal as life, and everyone else took it in stride. I hugged Al and we collapsed on a table with me holding him under me and me crying my heart out.

No Al this time, but no students showed up, either. There were just lots of strange staff, and I had the feeling that I wasn't supposed to lead, even though that's what I came to do. Gene was there, as was Marianne, but no one else sticks in my mind as familiar to me.

The other dream (or dreams, I'm not clear) are not clear to me, either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home